We at the UKBGF recommend GridGammon as the best place to play online backgammon. One of the reasons it has that reputation is that a great deal of effort is put into making sure the standard of behaviour is high; it therefore requires some administration work to create an account. We will vouch for all our members who wish to create an account, especially if you wish to play in our online tournaments. Follow the instructions below and mention that you are a UKBGF member:
GridGammon is a private club, hosting backgammon enthusiasts from all over the world. Like any brick and mortar club, all community members agree to regard each other with respect, and to complete every match in a sportsmanlike and timely manner. Mutual respect and good sportsmanship allow everyone to enjoy their GridGammon experience.
By logging in to GridGammon, all community members agree to, and are held to, this Standard. Community members who disregard this Standard, either through discourteous behavior or accumulating unfinished matches, jeopardize playing privileges.
*Any member who accumulates 10 unfinished matches is subject to suspension. The account may be considered for reinstatement only after the unfinished matches have been resolved by GridGammon Support.
If you would like to join the GridGammon community, please send all of the following information to email@example.com so we can activate an account for you:
- Requested nickname (format: 3-12 alpha-numeric characters only, no spaces, dashes or underscores):
- Name (first, last):
- Address (street, city, country, postal zip code):
- Birth date (month/day/year):
- Telephone number:
- Club Affiliation (name of local club):
- How did you first learn about GridGammon?
- Please list all nicknames, if any, that play in GridGammon from your computer/household.
- On which site(s) do you play backgammon? What is your current rating/experience?
- What operating system do you use? (Windows: XP, Windows 7, 10, etc. Mac: Mavericks, El Capitan, etc.)
Please be assured that all information is held in strictest confidence.