Nominate a friend for Free UKBGF Membership!
There are many UK backgammon players who have not yet joined the UKBGF. The more members we have, the better we can represent and serve the backgammon community for the benefit of all players. So if you are a current member and you know someone who could benefit from joining, now’s your chance to nominate them for one year’s membership…at no cost to either of you! If you would like to nominate someone but your own membership has lapsed, simply renew first and then take advantage of this scheme.
This special promotion commenced in February 2019 and will continue until the end of April 2019. During this period, every current member, including those who have only recently joined, may nominate one player (their ‘nominee’) for free membership. The procedure and terms and conditions are as follows:
- Only one nominee is permitted for each current UKBGF member.
- The nominee must not be a lapsed UKBGF member.
- There is no restriction on the number of UKBGF ratings experience points already accrued by the nominee.
- Before the nominee joins, the member must email firstname.lastname@example.org naming, and preferably copying in, their nominee. The nominee should send a separate email to email@example.com giving their bank details, or other preferred method for a refund of the membership fee (see following bullet points).
- The nominee should then join by April 30th in the normal way via the online Join form, selecting 1-year membership at a cost of £25, and completing an annual recurring payment mandate in the process using a credit or debit card.
- Once received and processed, the £25 membership fee will be refunded in full to the nominee.
- The nominee is under no obligation to leave the recurring payment mandate in force. However, if they choose to do so, their membership will automatically renew each year at an annual cost of £25.
- Any UKBGF membership application may be accepted or declined at the discretion of the UKBGF Board.
IMPORTANT: Please check with your nominee beforehand to make sure that they would like to take advantage of free UKBGF membership in this way and send them a link to this page. Using the online join form ensures that they will immediately enjoy membership benefits and it also minimises manual processing. This promotion does not apply to anyone under the age of 21 or to full-time UK students of any age who may simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for free UKBGF membership.